- Full Time
- Reading, U.K.
Black Swan strives to stay ahead of the curve when adopting technology, best practices and processes. Using some of the latest technologies in the Java Development space the team work closely with the solution architects and test teams to deliver high quality products for our clients.
We are currently recruiting a Test Analyst with experience in manual testing with web applications and other surrounding technologies. Form part of a dynamic team that will require your involvement in every aspect of our project from conception right through to testing and delivery.
- Engage with key stakeholders, internal and external, to understand the product and user environments of the solutions we are creating
- Creation, review and execution of test cases
- Documenting, investigating, and analysing defects or problems, tracking status of defects, and verifying resolution during the testing life cycle.
- Ability to create automation test scripts using selenium & Java
- To carry out QA activities to ensure project and non-project acceptance criteria is signed off. To be responsible for executing regression tests. To raise and prioritize bugs and retest bug fixes.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key business stakeholders, business analysts, and all IT software providers
- Managing, operating and delivering Quality Assurance across the full SDLC. Experienced in the breadth of the software test life cycle, with the flexibility to work from test strategy to system and component level testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- ISEB/ISTQB accredited would be advantageous
- Experience working on agile methodologies
- Working with project stakeholders to produce functional specifications and define acceptance criteria.
- Understand product architecture
- Knowledge on automation test frameworks built using Selenium, Cucumber & Java
- Strong problem solving skills, and able to demonstrate a logical approach to resolving issues
- A commitment to accuracy, and the use of QA techniques to maintain quality
- Working with Product Managers, Project Managers and business stakeholders to develop and maintain test plans, test scripts, and test cases for manual testing procedures
- Familiarity with testing principles, practices & processes
- Proficient in using Test management tools (e.g. Testlink, QC/ALM, Zephyr), Defect management tools (like Jira, Bugzilla)
- Self-starter with a natural curiosity to learn and develop capabilities
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations
- Analysis and generation of Test Scripting ensuring traceability against business requirements
- Experience in working on mobile application testing and web technologies
- Ensure all test risks, issues and dependencies are recorded in the Project’s central RAID Log; that mitigations are in place, and that timely escalations are made to the Test Lead/Project Manager
- Provide test lead with essential information for Daily and Weekly Test Reports, and Test Completion Reports at the end of each test cycle
- Collaborating with developers and business stakeholders in support of production releases. Able to plan how to test a feature and make appropriate decision on approach & technology
- Exposure to BDD/ TDD approaches. Have had experience working on agile environment.
- Solid troubleshooting skills to deal with wide range of different processes & systems
- Report and Manage defects
- Experience on using performance testing tools (like Gatling, Jmeter, Load Runner)
- Experience with web service integration and development including Rest & SOAP
- Experience in API testing & writing unit test scripts
- Retail n-tier architecture experience
- Experience of implementing automated deployment solutions (ideally including Chef or Docker)
- Experience with cloud & containerization (eg AWS, Docker, Chef)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://BlackSwan.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=196 →