- Full Time
- Reading OR Exeter, U.K.
Join us for a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing data and technology company led by an experienced management team!
Black Swan creates better outcomes through technology and the power of prediction. We strive to stay ahead of the curve when adopting technology, best practices and processes. Additionally, we constantly strive to leverage our international footprint to improve knowledge sharing, foster growth together with being very keen on open source projects where we can contribute back into the communities that we rely on.
Bringing together a passionate and talented team that combine skills in software engineering, data science, design, product innovation and marketing, we thrive on change, innovating across social intelligence and big data. Launched in 2011, today Black Swan employs around 250 people worldwide across offices in the UK, USA, Singapore, Hungary and South Africa. We work with some of the world’s leading consumer-focused brands including Pepsico, nPower, Disney, Panasonic, Tesco and GSK.
Our work is getting us noticed – last year, we were shortlisted for a Data IQ Talent Award and have been named Britain’s fastest start up by The Sunday Times ranked #1 in their inaugural ‘Start Up Track 15’.
- Engage with key stakeholders, internal and external, to understand the product and user environments of the solutions we are creating
- Generate appropriate design documents, wireframes and other forms of documentation to clearly represent the solutions being created
- Work with other team members to allow them to implement the designs, including design and code reviews
- Implementing and coding solutions
- Add Java documents to all methods to help other developers
- Generate unit tests and other testing strategies to ensure the products are being tested thoroughly to produce quality products
- Assist in troubleshooting software application issues
- Maintaining existing systems and applications
- Develop review, test and debug code
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Experience with Java IDEs such as Eclipse InteliJ or Netbeans
- Self-starter with a natural curiosity to learn and develop capabilities
- Displays energy, drive and stamina
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations
- Must be a strong team player
- Proven experience and career development as a Java Developper
- Thorough knowledge of Java SDK, Spring Framework and Spring Cloud technologies
- Spring 3 or Spring 4
- Spring annotations
- JPA annotations
- Linux OS
- Strong experience with web service integration and development including Rest & SOAP
- Message broker integration such as ActiveMQ or RabbitMQ
- Experience using GIT
- Continuous Integration
- Relational & non-relational DB experience
- Spring Boot
- Elastic Search / SOLR
- Apache Spark, Pig, HDFS, Yarn, HBase
- Hibernate / JPA
- Experience of containerising applications with Docker
- Experience of implementing caching solutions e.g Redis
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://BlackSwan.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=187 →