A great opportunity to join a growing avionics product company led by an experienced management team. Being passionate, a team player, and a go-getter are essential to working for this international organization.
Our work is getting us noticed – this year, we have been named Britain’s fastest start up by The Sunday Times ranked #1 in their inaugural ‘Start Up Track 15’.
You will be required to ensure multiple projects are delivered on time, in budget and they meet our quality expectations and those of our clients. You will be comfortable working alongside your colleagues in a fast-paced agency environment, supporting members of the Account Management and Delivery teams and be expected to fully contribute to the scoping, planning, development and implementation of projects.
You will be expected to develop relationships with existing and new clients, show technical awareness and have the ability to translate technical jargon to less technically astute people. Enthusiasm to develop within this rapidly growing business is a must and in return you will be given the opportunity to achieve your potential.
Reporting to the Project Director, this role will work closely with the Clients as well as Technical and Product teams in the analysis, design and delivery of interesting and innovative projects. Ideally you have solid understanding of how digital works and can hold a conversation with developers and designers alike.
The projects you will be involved in will include exciting in-flight entertainment systems for some of the world’s largest airlines using the latest web technologies. You should enjoy working in a team environment and have a genuine enthusiasm for digital products as well as practical understanding of production and delivery in the agency environment.
The role requires the candidate to act as Business Analyst and as Technical Project Manager in 50-50% of his or her time. In most cases the BA work will be done for project that are not directly related to the TPM work.
The position requires flexible working hours and may involve occasional short or longer travelling.
As a Technical Project Manager, you would be responsible for:
- Managing multiple projects from scoping through to delivery
- Capturing requirements, producing functional documentation and identifying delivery milestones
- Planning and estimation of work packages and tasks
- Creating and maintaining project plans
- Ensuring you have sufficient resources booked for your projects
- Documenting functional and non-functional requirements
- Communicating project progress to stakeholders including budget reconciliation
- Identifying issues and risks to a project and proposing mitigating actions
- Prioritisation of bugs and issues raised during testing
- Co-ordinating releases and launch activities
As a Business Analyst, you would be responsible for:
- Working closely with Clients, Technical and Product teams along with Commercial Director
- Supporting and advising Customers in requirements gathering and analysis
- Creating requirements specifications from Clients’ needs
- Technical Proposal writing and Time and Cost Analysis
- Responding to RFI/RFP/RFQ queries
- Helping to build our catalogue of service offerings and maintain our ability to sell and deliver these offerings
- Excellent verbal and written English, business level
- Ability to communicate with diverse groups of people inside and outside of the actual businesses personnel
- Self-starter who is pro-active, energetic, flexible, creative, with lots of initiative and a positive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Good blend of business/commercial, sales and technical skills
- Project Scoping – Taking feature requests from the business and working with the team to transform these into formal testable requirements
- Project Planning – Ensuring detailed plans are communicated for projects that are in progress or upcoming as well as making sure a roadmap is in place
- Technical Knowledge – A good technical understanding of the web, apps and general infrastructure
- Estimating Features/Projects – working with the team to estimate using both top down and bottom up methodologies
- Issue Tracking - Experience with JIRA or other similar tools
- Project Lifecycle – Experience with delivering medium to large scale projects
- Planning - Experience with MS Project or similar tools
- Methodical style and high attention to detail is a must
- Clear communicator, able to interpret and relay key information
- Ability to understand and articulate large scale, complex technical solutions
- Ability to solve problems and stay clam under pressure
- Precise and accurate
- International customer-facing experience
- Experience of delivering projects which require 3rd party integration
- Experience delivering projects in an agency environment
- Experience managing a matrix of technical delivery teams
- Experience with projects in an agency environment
- Degree in Computer Science, Business or related discipline
- Current certification in either PRINCE2, PMP or equivalent
- Understanding of software testing approaches
- Experience with responsive web projects