This is us…..
Black Swan creates better outcomes through technology and the power of prediction.
Our products transform the way brands create value from data, finding insights and solutions that create an advantage for their business. We analyse consumer behaviour using public and private data, then build cutting edge technology based on predictive models to create better outcomes - we call this “Applied Prediction”.
Bringing together a passionate and talented team that combine skills in software engineering, data science, design, product innovation and marketing, we thrive on change, innovating across social intelligence and big data. Launched in 2011, today Black Swan employs 200 people worldwide across offices in the UK, USA, Hong Kong, Hungary and South Africa. We work with some of the world’s leading consumer-focused brands including Vodafone, Pepsico, Disney, Panasonic, Tesco, GSK and WPP.
Our work is getting us noticed – this year, we were shortlisted for a Data IQ Talent and have been named Britain’s fastest start up by The Sunday Times ranked #1 in their inaugural ‘Start Up Track 15’.
Your role at Black Swan…
As an Operations Manager, you will be required to both drive a structured growth plan for what is a rapidly emerging professional services division of Black Swan i.e. the Insight & Innovation team. Plus, manage and deliver multiple projects on time and in budget. This role sits at the middle of everything the business touches and is crucial to performance of the business.
Your duties as an Operations Manager would include:
· Developing and end-end project plan template[s]
· Costing Templates for ad hoc and licensed projects
· Internal resource planning [mapping resource, freelance staffing and workflows]
· Setting up and managing a shared file network
· Working across each function [new business, client services, project management, production & delivery] to build out standardised end-end templates
· Project status reporting (internal and external)
· P&L report accountability [working with finance to produce monthly management accounts]
· Interfacing with internal stakeholders and managing expectations
· Obtaining timely sign-off of deliverables, phase and final project acceptance documents
· Ensuring all deliverables meet quality expectations
What makes a ‘Swan’?
Blisteringly fast, but also incredibly fulfilling! To survive, and thrive, our Operations need to have a positive, go-getting attitude, fantastic communication skills, be able to delve into fine detail but retain a holistic overview all with a tremendous sense of humour. They are willing to take a risk and not afraid of getting it wrong. A track record in a software/digital project management is also vital.
Other key skills for this role include:
· Educated to degree level, ideally with international experience
· Appropriate project management experience in similar role. Sector Agnostic, but media/ marketing preferable
· Good understanding of the marketing technology landscape and passion to learn more
· Understanding of full cross-agency disciplines such as Strategy, User Experience, Creative, Development (front and back end), Quality Assurance, Client Services and Research
· Client facing experience a must
We want to positively change the future through technology and the power of prediction.
How about you?