This is us…..
Black Swan creates better outcomes through technology and the power of prediction.
Our products transform the way brands create value from data, finding insights and solutions that create an advantage for their business. We analyse consumer behaviour using public and private data, then build cutting edge technology based on predictive models to create better outcomes - we call this “Applied Prediction”.
Bringing together a passionate and talented team that combine skills in software engineering, data science, design, product innovation and marketing, we thrive on change, innovating across social intelligence and big data. Launched in 2011, today Black Swan employs 200 people worldwide across offices in the UK, USA, Hong Kong, Hungary and South Africa. We work with some of the world’s leading consumer-focused brands including Vodafone, Pepsico, Disney, Panasonic, Tesco, GSK and WPP.
Our work is getting us noticed – this year, we were shortlisted for a Data IQ Talent and have been named Britain’s fastest start up by The Sunday Times ranked #1 in their inaugural ‘Start Up Track 15’.
Welcome to the QA team at Black Swan …..
At Black Swan we believe that a great business starts with great people, who help to shape their roles rather than just being told what to do. This is a great opportunity to join our Service Operations team at the ground floor and take a leading role in growing our support capability over the coming months, as we roll out our data analysis platform to more and more clients around the world.
Your role at Black Swan….
Black swan is seeking a self-motivated Automation Test Analyst. This position requires a strategic thinker; a problem solver who is a self-starter and self-motivated; well organized, flexible, and effective with multiple simultaneous tasks. The Automation Test Analyst will be primarily responsible for creating and automating test scenarios and identifying/reporting defects. This individual will be a pivotal member of an Agile Scrum team working closely with developers and the testing team to drive a successful automation strategy. This individual should be passionate about quality and test automation.
Your duties as an Automation Test Analyst would include:
- Develop and maintain test execution steps in an automated framework like Selenium and BDD (Cucumber)
- Determine if requirements are clear, concise, testable and meet customer expectations
- Interpret requirements to develop positive and negative test scenarios using manual and automation tools
- Deliver working, tested, and releasable software in each sprint
- Provide accurate estimates for test design and execution work
- Identify, analyse and troubleshoot problems
- Adhere to team priorities and work well in an integrated developer/tester environment
- Manage and operate a QA environment including builds and deployment.
- Perform manual and automation testing as needed
What makes a ‘Swan’?
Working in a fast paced, energized environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital.
- Degree in computer science or relevant experience
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience in Selenium and Cucumber/Capybara
- Experience in writing Selenium test scripts in Java or Ruby
- TDD and BDD experience in Agile methodology with Continuous Integration tools including Jenkins, Ant, Selenium, Appium etc.
- Proficiency with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools (Jenkins or Hudson)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good documenting skills
- Strong understanding of SDLC - Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, etc.
- Experience in regression testing.
- Familiarity with defect tracking tools like JIRA
- Experience testing mobile and desktop applications with various tools and techniques, ensuring compatibility, functionality, security and performance
- Experience in testing responsive websites and single page web applications in different browsers, tablets, handsets and phablets
- Team player
- ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Foundation level
- Experience in debugging web applications
- Experience with GIT
- Highlight requirement and design gaps as early in lifecycle as possible
- Proficiency with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools (Jenkins, Team City or Hudson)
- Ability to influence and motivate others team members
- Energetic and excited to join a fun, rapidly growing business