About Black Swan
We are a data science & creative technology company. We help our clients find insights and solutions that quite simply change the way they think about their business. We analyse consumer behaviour, then build cutting edge technology to create better outcomes for our clients. 2 years after our launch, we’ve employed more than 220 people with offices in Waterloo, Exeter, Manchester, Hong Kong, Hungary, California and South Africa.
About the Team
Black Swan strives to stay ahead of the curve when adopting technology, best practices and processes. The team is built up of frontend-, mid-and backend developers who work closely with the project managers, product owners and test teams to deliver high quality products.
The Cape Town office is situated in a trendy up and coming location just outside of the CBD with freshly roasted coffee and restaurants in close proximity.
The team strives to stay current with the latest cutting edge technologies and although the team is target driven you can expect a very social environment with flexible working hours, organic team structures and the “occasional” beer-o-clock.
We are constantly leveraging our international footprint to improve knowledge sharing and foster growth and are very keen on open source projects where we can contribute back into the communities that we rely on.
Join us for a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing data and technology agency led by an experienced management team.
• Research of user experiences
• Developing Wireframes
• Designing front-end designs
• Taking designs and developing HTML code
• Develop and maintain code bases
• Assist in troubleshooting software application issues
• Maintaining existing systems and applications
• Documentation of systems developed
• Develop, review, test and debug code
• Interacting with users for the purposes of requirements gathering, testing and issue troubleshooting
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Critical thinking and problem solving
• Thorough knowledge of web applications, markup languages and web layouts
• Self-starter with a natural curiosity to learn and develop capabilities
• Displays energy, drive and stamina
• Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations
• Must be a strong team player
• 3 – 5 years of commercial experience
• Knowledge of CSS3
• Strong experience of interface development toolkits: e.g. Less/SASS
• Experience in GIT
• Design skills
• Knowledge of HTML/XHTML/HTML5
• Knowledge of Coffeescript
• Knowledge of Grunt or Gulp